The Road Ripper™ 1000
Behold the Road Ripper™ 1000 transmission remanufactured by Certified Transmsision. This truck transmission packs more muscle than factory-stock and knows how to flex it. But be warned: it does not tread lightly. On the open road, it hauls @$$. On power jobs, it kicks @$$. This is big-boy territory now. The line has been drawn. The very durable Road Ripper™ 1000.
The Road Ripper™ 1000 the first step to improving your truck's factory-stock transmission. Certified Transmission begins by increasing pressure in the transmission for firmer applications of clutches and bands, providing a for a more positive shift when driving the roads of the greater Baltimore area. Then Certified Transmission addresses the pressure after the application of clutches and bands so there is less chance of slipping the clutches.Vehicle Applications:
- Snowplow Vehicles
- Towing up to an extra 4,000 pounds (two tons)
- Engines with added horsepower of up to 100
- Hot rods & muscle cars with street tires
- Drivers wanting more than shift kits
- Drivers wanting better transmissions
- New transmission parts for super durability
- High pressure for tight-grip, no-slug performance shifting
- High-flow transmission fluid lube circuit that beats heavy-duty heat
- Density increase in clutch pack for no slippage
- Ability to boost the charge circuit to handle higher torque towing loads
- High-throttle power retainment
After improving the pressure, Certified Transmission add more clutch plates to the clutch packs. This is a great unit when you are looking for more than what the Ford, Dodge, or Chevrolet factories offer.Road Ripper 1000 Specifics:
- Valve body modifications improve the shifts of the transmission and the "apply & release" of the torque converter clutch.
- Pressure adjustments improve the lube circuit feeding all bushings, washers and geartrain in the transmission to keep them lubricated.
- Increased pressure improves the torque converter charge circuit which ensures that the torque converter stays fully charged with fluid. Vehicles will not lose power during heavy demands or from a wide-open throttle.
- Sprags and rollers are replaced for better holding capacity.
- The pump and pressure regulator are addressed for high flow and good control to ensure that the right amount of transmission fluid gets to everything.
- All transmission bands and clutches are new. Depending on the applications, Certified Transmission uses quality Raybestos® or BorgWarner® brands.
- Increased clutch packs by as much as 20 percent for more holding power.
The Road Ripper™ 1000 is remanufactured and distributed by Certified Transmission in Omaha Nebraska. Jim Jennings Transmissions is an authorized partner with Certified Transmission and stands behind the quality of their industry-leading products.